wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums > Deutsche Demokratische Republik

Deutsche Demokratische Republik All things related to the German Democratic Republic 1949-1989

Old 08-04-2019, 08:08 PM   #16
vacollector

I'm not sure who the maker is but marking them as set fillers is rather honorable for the maker. By now the original dies must be worn out. These appear to be new dies based on the originals, the deep stuck "S" being indicative of a new die made. I wonder if this is a sign that DDR collecting is breaking out of its' dull drums and is on an upswing.

Old 08-07-2019, 06:05 AM   #17
seb16trs

I agree. It seems there are new dies.

We saw a very long list of copies proposed on ebay Deutschland, which corresponds to all the most precious and scarce medals: verdienter and prizes.

But the coining is not as acurate as the original ones, and almost the gold washing is crude. So I wonder if they got all the Prawema tools.

Old 08-10-2019, 09:13 AM   #18
vacollector

Getting tools to manufacture the finish isn't difficult. Stigmeir, has been dumping out counterfeits in the Wehrmacht community for years using poorly coated washes over cast badges. Modern counterfeits, although they are getting better, don't have the quality controls mandated by state enterprises. Granted, sometimes the government issued badge is pure crap, but it the case of these badges, I truely have not issue with them because of the reproduction marking. I wish the Wehrmacht community had makers do the same thing.