wehrmacht awards

Go Back   Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums > Wehrmacht Era Militaria > Order of Battle and Individual Research Forum

Order of Battle and Individual Research Forum Order of battle, unit history, personality research.

Who was Werner Fenkat ?
Old 07-14-2019, 07:13 AM   #1
EDUARD
Association Member

Default Who was Werner Fenkat ?

Hi friends
I bought a helmet found in the German positions of Nikopol-Krivoy Rog Offensive of a soldier named Werner Fercat
I would like to be able to reconstruct his military life, unity, regiment, fights, rank , medals, etc. to honor his memory.
I put the information that the seller has given me

thank you so much
Eduard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8E5B2238-3D62-439A-A17A-27325B2ED781.jpg (87.6 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg 5EEF27E7-951C-40AB-A692-D2F3133F9192.jpg (106.0 KB, 105 views)

Old 07-14-2019, 11:59 AM   #2
HouweTrouwe
Association Member

Did the seller also register the finding with the Volksbund?? As he is still listed as MISSING! I hope the seller isn't an ordinary grave robber but also records everything with the VB

Old 07-14-2019, 12:19 PM   #3
EDUARD
Association Member

Hello
I do not know how VB works. That's why I do not know what you're talking about in your thread.
I just want to be able to identify who this soldier was and keep his memory
Thank you all that you can help me
Eduard

Old 07-14-2019, 01:05 PM   #4
HouweTrouwe
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDUARD View Post
Hello
I do not know how VB works. That's why I do not know what you're talking about in your thread.
I just want to be able to identify who this soldier was and keep his memory
Thank you all that you can help me
Eduard
Your seller has a helmet from a missing soldier. Maybe it was found with remains or such; did he contact the Volksbund if so? Or did he just take relics and left the bones somewhere? Therefor I hope the seller or so told anything to Volksbund.

Old 07-14-2019, 02:44 PM   #5
EDUARD
Association Member

HouweTrouwe

I do not know what the seller has done I do not even know more about it or did he find himself, so I can not continue this conversation.
I would appreciate if you can help me find more information about this soldier
Thanks

Old 07-15-2019, 07:09 AM   #6
Lionel H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouweTrouwe View Post
Your seller has a helmet from a missing soldier. Maybe it was found with remains or such; did he contact the Volksbund if so? Or did he just take relics and left the bones somewhere? Therefor I hope the seller or so told anything to Volksbund.
. Fully agree. I am quite suspicious too.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:48 PM   #7
EDUARD
Association Member

I also wish that he only find the helmet and nothing else. It is my first excavation piece and I d’ont like this situation
I appreciate your comments, but can anyone of you do the management with the Volksbund?
I did not dominate the German and I did not know how to translate this
in addition to making comments , there is no one of you can help me and tell me which webpages should I go to find more data about this person?
Grateful for your help
Eduard

Old 07-15-2019, 04:09 PM   #8
Lionel H.

Quote:
I also wish that he only find the helmet and nothing else. It is my first excavation piece and I d’ont like this situation
I appreciate your comments, but can anyone of you do the management with the Volksbund?
I did not dominate the German and I did not know how to translate this
in addition to making comments , there is no one of you can help me and tell me which webpages should I go to find more data about this person?
Grateful for your help
Eduard
Researching an individual is nothing magical. There is NO site where your soldier will be fully documented. Write the WASt in Berlin, the Volksbund in Kassel, try to find family members on the net, search the net... All this needs much time, energy, and sometimes money. Nobody will do this for you, I'am afraid. We all here have hundred names we would like to know more... Each information you will got is a victory, each victory needs efforts, reflexion, and time. Good luck. LH.

Old 07-15-2019, 04:13 PM   #9
Lionel H.

Last point : you are a lucky boy - or not - the name "Fenkat" is extremely rare in Germany. So you have more chances to find something rather than names like "Schmitt" "Weiss" "Schneider" or "Schulz". A good start...

Old 07-16-2019, 12:18 AM   #10
naxos
Association Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel H. View Post
Researching an individual is nothing magical. There is NO site where your soldier will be fully documented. Write the WASt in Berlin, the Volksbund in Kassel, try to find family members on the net, search the net... All this needs much time, energy, and sometimes money. Nobody will do this for you, I'am afraid. We all here have hundred names we would like to know more... Each information you will got is a victory, each victory needs efforts, reflexion, and time. Good luck. LH.

Old 07-16-2019, 04:29 PM   #11
Simon O.

It appears you are genuinely interested in 'finding' this lost soldier. Perhaps contacting the Volksbund, explaining the situation and that you are concerned it might have been dug up by grave robbers and be willing to give them the details of the seller/diggers could lead to the information you seek in the end. Perhaps Fenkat's remains were recovered officially and it's just that the database isn't updated yet.

Old 07-17-2019, 01:50 PM   #12
Thomas H
Association Member

Quote:
Hi friends
I bought a helmet found in the German positions of Nikopol-Krivoy Rog Offensive of a soldier named Werner Fercat
Well when the name in the helmet is “Fercat” than why search for “Fenkat”?

Looking for the Ehrenpokal / Honor Goblet of "Willi Haug" 1./KG53 (26-10-1940)